Education & Prevention From Our Pittsboro Dentists
The Pittsboro dentists at Chatham Dental Arts offer patients both traditional and advanced procedures for maintaining healthy teeth and gums — and their overall health — throughout their lifetimes. Our dental procedures are performed by dentists Karen K. Tiwana, DDS and Michael A. Peele, DDS — right in our Pittsboro dental office.
Today’s advanced dental techniques used by our experienced family dentists, provide you with different options for enhancing your smile. Preventative dentistry covers several routine dental services, such as:
- Professional Cleanings
- Gum Disease (Periodontal) Treatments
- Comprehensive Examinations
- Composite Resin (Tooth Colored) Fillings
- Oral Cancer Screenings
- Dental Sealants
We Care About Each Patient’s Overall Health
At Chatham Dental Arts, our primary goal is simple: to prevent your need for extensive restorative or cosmetic dental procedures. Through regular maintenance, our Pittsboro family dentists can help you prevent poor oral health due to decay and disease — problems that can negatively affect your overall health and well-being.
Maintaining good oral hygiene remains one of the most important things you can do for your teeth and gums. Healthy teeth and gums help you to not only look and feel good, but they allow you to eat and speak properly. Our caring and professional staff stresses daily preventative care — such as proper brushing and flossing — to prevent more serious problems from developing. Between regular visits to our full-service Pittsboro dental office, there are simple steps you can take to greatly decrease your risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental or medical problems.
- Brush thoroughly twice a day and floss daily
- Eat a balanced diet and limit snacks between meals
- Use dental products that contain fluoride, including toothpaste
- Rinse with a fluoride mouth rinse if your dentist advises you to
- Make sure that children under 12 drink fluoridated water
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and exams
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Contact our Pittsboro dentists, Karen K. Tiwana, DDS and Michael A. Peele, DDS, for more information about our preventative dental services, click here to request an appointment or call our office at (919) 542-4911 today.