What To Expect At Your First Appointment With Our Pittsboro Dentists
Your first experience in our office is the most valuable time that you will spend with us. During this visit, we will begin our journey together by taking time to get to know you and your family while discussing your personal goals and visions in regards to dental health. The consultation will be for approximately one hour to one and half hours. During this time, our Pittsboro dentists and staff will do the following with you:
- Tour the office
- Review all medical and dental histories
- Take appropriate radiographs (dental x-rays)
- Review an intra-oral camera tour of your mouth
- Complete an oral cancer screening
- Complete a tempro-mandibular joint (TMJ) evaluation
- Complete a periodontal evaluation
- Perform an intra-oral exam.
After we have completed these procedures, we will review the information gathered and share with you. Together we will decide on the course of treatment that will best serve your individual dental goals and needs.
We sometimes do not perform a dental cleaning during this initial appointment, as it is very important for us to evaluate each patient and their individual needs and desires before initiating any treatment.